As I always say, nature has provided us everything we need for healthy, clear, glowing skin. The health and skin benefits of honey are too good to deny.
- honey is naturally anti-bacterial making it ideal for those struggling with breakouts
- it is soothing, deeply moisturizing and rich in anti-oxidants
- honey reduces the appearance of scars
- excellent wound healing properties
- perfect for all skin types and treats skin conditions such as acne and eczema
- boosts immune system
- local honey can reduce allergies
- a teaspoon before bed can help you fall asleep and stay asleep
- maintains blood sugar and regulates insulin levels
- promotes digestive health and reduces constipation
Below are two of my favorite ways to use raw honey for it's amazing health and skin benefits.
Honey & Clay Face Mask
Mix one teaspoon of raw local honey with one teaspoon French Green Clay & Rosehips face mask in a small dish or ramekin. Add a few drops of water at a time until mask becomes a paste consistency. Apply with fingers or mask brush and allow to sit 10-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and follow up with a nourishing oil serum.
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup baby kale
1/2 cup almond milk
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
2 Tablesspoon flax seeds
1 teaspoon local raw honey
2 teaspoon coconut oil
Be sure to follow @harperapothecary on instagram for more skin and wellness tips!